News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

FVB Horizontal distance from T8?

Started by TireguyfromMA, June 17, 2023, 05:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TireguyfromMA

Hi,

I have a question about what the horizontal distance of the FVB from the front of the T8 should be when I'm honing?  I'm using the FVB from Schleifjunkies with the USB, mostly for honing on the leather honing wheel LA-220. I'd like to use the Calcapp calculator to improve my final honing, it's been very helpful on the sharpening side.  I can figure out the distance from the USB to the wheel using the calculator but not the horizontal distance of the FVB.  Thanks all, and Happy Father's Day to all.

cbwx34

Quote from: TireguyfromMA on June 17, 2023, 05:50:35 AMHi,

I have a question about what the horizontal distance of the FVB from the front of the T8 should be when I'm honing?  I'm using the FVB from Schleifjunkies with the USB, mostly for honing on the leather honing wheel LA-220. I'd like to use the Calcapp calculator to improve my final honing, it's been very helpful on the sharpening side.  I can figure out the distance from the USB to the wheel using the calculator but not the horizontal distance of the FVB.  Thanks all, and Happy Father's Day to all.

If you are measuring directly to the wheel to set the USB position, the horizontal position doesn't matter. You can set it wherever you want.

If you're using the "USB Height Calculator", where you set the USB by measuring to the top of the FVB, there is a chart which shows the measurements in the app, (or you can measure it yourself, see this thread.)

(It sounds like you're measuring directly to the wheel so set the FVB position where you want, but for consistency it's usually just pushed against the Tormek casing.)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

TireguyfromMA

Thank you cbwx!  I kinda of thought that was the case but had to check with the experts