News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

250mm Leather Strop/Wheel?

Started by darita, May 23, 2023, 04:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darita

Anyone have experience with and know where I can get a 250mm leather strop for T8?

Drilon

darita

darita

Wow!  Just got the SchleifJunkies 250mm leather wheels and it works great!  I do edge trailing sharpening cuz I find I get much less edge chipping that way.  Going from CBN wheels to this leather wheel is just a matter of changing the wheel.  No other adjustments needed for guided honing.  Although this is the smooth wheel, I got the rough one as well and will decide which I like best.  This has simplified things a great deal for me.

3D Anvil

Now you could get really fancy and mount it on the honing wheel side.  That way all you have to do is flip the USB around.

tgbto

True, but sometimes you will hit the unused wheel with the knife...

darita

Quote from: 3D Anvil on June 06, 2023, 11:43:56 PMNow you could get really fancy and mount it on the honing wheel side.  That way all you have to do is flip the USB around.

Thing is, I'm not sure it will be that simple.  It may cause me to have to remove the chisel from the jig and flip it around, which is what I've been trying to avoid.  That said, I'll have to give it a try.

Titian

With Tormek offering 250mm diamond wheels, is there any reason why they don't do a 250mm sized honing?

tgbto

Quote from: Titian on June 16, 2023, 02:06:24 PMWith Tormek offering 250mm diamond wheels, is there any reason why they don't do a 250mm sized honing?

That was one of my first "facepalm" questions with the T-8. But then I realized that the honing wheel has a smaller diameter so I don't have to remove it when sharpening long blades on a 250mm stone. This is consistent with the freehand honing technique where you hone at an angle with the shaft of the Tormek.