News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T-8 Diamond wheel not fitting

Started by Willowatt, May 22, 2023, 10:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willowatt

Hello,
I just received my new T-8 Black today, but i can not get the diamond wheel (DF-250) to fit on the shaft. I can get it to fit backwards for some reason, but not in the correct orientation. I can't even get it on the shaft a little bit. I tried tapping it with a hammer but nothing. I thought about running some sand paper over the shaft while it was on or running a file through the diamond wheel, but I'm afraid i am going to mess up the balance my new machine or on the wheel.
Is the wheel or the shaft defective?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Willowatt. You should email Tormek support (support@tormek.se). Support's service is outstanding.

Keep us posted.

Ken

Sir Amwell

Yes agree with Ken. Don't do anything silly like hitting it with a hammer or grinding your shaft (?!). I know it's frustrating but Tormek support will get this sorted for you.

Willowatt

Thanks!
I did send them an email, but they said they have a holiday. Just me being impatient, and wanting to try out the new machine. But also wanted to see if others had experienced something similar with a newly released edition of the machine.
Thanks

John Hancock Sr

There may be a dag on the bore edge f the wheel. Take a small piece of sandpaper, probably 240 G and run it around the inside edge of the wheel. Definitely do NOT touch the shaft with anything other then lubricant!!!

darita

If it were me, I'd put it on backwards and spin it around a few times on the shaft.  This will get a little wear on ID of the wheel.  Now, turn the wheel around and give it a try.  Some of my CBNs were a tight fit to start, but quickly loosened up a bit and now slide on nicely.