News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Lazy Suzan - Home Made Turntable

Started by Segovia123, May 17, 2023, 10:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segovia123

Has anyone used lazy susan device for their sharpening station

There are lazy susan's that have a lock every 90 degrees, but I can't find any in the UK

cbwx34

Quote from: Segovia123 on May 17, 2023, 10:33:45 AMHas anyone used lazy susan device for their sharpening station

There are lazy susan's that have a lock every 90 degrees, but I can't find any in the UK

Have you seen this?

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I think the Tormek RB-180 rotating base is a most useful, albeit not inexpensive, accessory. For those wanting to economize, I would recommend an inexpensive, small cafeteria tray. Just rotate the tray. The weight of the Tormek will keep it stable. Cafeteria trays also have lips to contain any spilled water. They are made of all plastic and cannot rust.

Ken

Segovia123

Quote from: cbwx34 on May 17, 2023, 02:37:45 PM
Quote from: Segovia123 on May 17, 2023, 10:33:45 AMHas anyone used lazy susan device for their sharpening station

Have you seen this?

yes, but he's in the US, and I am in the UK so didn't bother to ask where he got the turntable from

Segovia123

Quote from: Ken S on May 17, 2023, 03:30:20 PMI think the Tormek RB-180 rotating base is a most useful, albeit not inexpensive, accessory. For those wanting to economize, I would recommend an inexpensive, small cafeteria tray. Just rotate the tray. The weight of the Tormek will keep it stable. Cafeteria trays also have lips to contain any spilled water. They are made of all plastic and cannot rust.

Ken
Good idea