News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Greetings: Past Tormek Junkie

Started by Dgigli88, February 27, 2023, 12:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgigli88

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

My name is Daniel, I reside in the US and have been a sharpening enthusiast for a better portion of my adult life. I used to have a T8,all of the schleif junkies goodies, etc, but I had sold it and gone back to using a Wicked Edge setup and belts. I've since missed the amount of fun I had with the Tormek. The community, engineering, company involvement were all things I missed.

I've saved up enough funds and am now waiting for my new T8 + accessories to arrive. This time around I'd like to utilize this forum and try to become as active as possible.

I appreciate this forums contributors and look forward to posting in the future.

Regards,

Daniel

Ken S

Welcome back, fellow Tormek Junkie, Daniel.

We try to keep the forum both informative and friendly. I look forward to reading about your experience and ideas.

Ken

John_B

Welcome Daniel to the forum.

What are your goals with the new T8? Are you chasing ultimate sharpness or just after a really good edge? I am normally an accessory junkie but I resisted with my T8. The only things I have that are extras is a front vertical base for guided honing and a spare leather wheel for diamond hooning following Tormek paste. I can get an exceptional edge with these two add ons. If I was sharpening super steel knives I would invest in extra wheels. So far none of the people I sharpen for have invested in those kind of knives.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease