News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek Require Use Of Surge Protection?

Started by Thy Will Be Done, February 10, 2023, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thy Will Be Done

Seems as though a surge protector would be unnecessary for this grinder but wanted to be certain of this.  Anybody able to say for certain one way or the other?

Ken S

I am a true believer in surge protectors. I have a surge protector on my microwave and uninterruptible power supplies/surge protectors on my computer equipment and television. Any expensive electronics gear. I even have a whole house surge permanently mounted on my circuit breaker panel.

However, I do not have individual surge protectors for non electronic motors like a Tormek. If you are concerned about overvoltages like lightening strikes, unplug the cord when you are not using it.  :)

Ken

Thy Will Be Done

That's pretty much what I assumed, I don't see any sensitive electronics being in this circuit and don't recall seeing anything in the manual about needing a surge protector.  I will take your advice and unplug between sessions, we live in the lightning capital of the world here.