News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Martha Stewart

Started by GeoBoy, January 13, 2023, 12:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoBoy

Someone better tell Martha Stewart that that Tormek T8 that she is sharpening her sword on needs water. ;)

3D Anvil

I saw that too!  Hilarious, with the sparks flying off the stone.

tgbto

Couldn't find it on YT and we don't have Martha's commercials here. I'm so sad.

I guess the sparks are post-produced ?

tgbto

Ahahahah. Thanks for the link, she's a master of freehand sharpening!
"Hey, I'm Martha Stewart. You know how a bad idea can turn into a real disaster ? Follow my example and I guarantee that not only will you ruin a perfectly good blade, you will also scorch your countertop and cover it in pineapple juice. If you're in luck, you will also set your house on fire and cut your own arm off."

nevertakeadayoff

Very cool to see the Tormek... in a propaganda video for sheeple.

Sparks are fake. They have to be smart enough to know that you would need eye protection for that job without using water.

Ya, I've had a piece of metal in my eye extracted with a needle.

Thy Will Be Done

Quote from: nevertakeadayoff on January 20, 2023, 09:15:13 PMVery cool to see the Tormek... in a propaganda video for sheeple.

Sparks are fake. They have to be smart enough to know that you would need eye protection for that job without using water.

Ya, I've had a piece of metal in my eye extracted with a needle.
I accidentally did this on my Tormek when I forgot to raise the water trough.  I don't know that there's enough RPM's on this machine to really be likely to have that result here.  It was a bit of an 'oh s*&^' moment where it took a second to realize why my wheel was loading so quickly lol.

TireguyfromMA

Ha...good commercial! They should do another one with Snoop Dogg showing her how to use it properly. Vadim would have gotten a laugh out of it.