News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New Tormek online class this week

Started by Ken S, December 13, 2022, 09:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Tormek just posted this. It is an important topic and should not be missed!

Live Sharpening Class: Sharpening Pressure
Join us for the last live sharpening class of 2022! In this sharpening class we will discuss pressure. More precisely, we'll learn how to use pressure for different applications when sharpening and honing different tools and how to work with pressure on different grinding wheels.

We'll answer questions such as:

- How much pressure should I use when sharpening?

- How much pressure should I use when honing?

- How much pressure can a Tormek machine tolerate?

- Will the amount of pressure affect how fast the sharpening goes?

- How much pressure should I use on diamond grinding wheels?

- How much pressure should I use on grindstones?

And as usual, we answer any of your questions on the subject. Prepare your questions and tune in to the live on Thursday, for one last live session before the holidays! 😊

When?
Thursday, December 15th, 3.30 sharp!😉

Ken

cbwx34

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Thanks, CB. Your link is easy to follow.
Ken

TireguyfromMA

Very interesting subject, looking forward to this class. I wonder how they will measure how much pressure to use? Light, to medium pressure varies quite a bit depending on who is applying it.

Crabnbass

Glad they picked this subject, should be interesting and informative. Honing pressure in particular is something that I am interested in hearing their perspective on.

tgbto

Excellent idea for a class, they really are taking care of their customers....

Ken S

I agree, Tormek really is taking care of their customers with these classes. I would note that these classes also seem to include related topics as well as the primary topics, which I find quite beneficial.

Pressure is one of the subtle ways of controlling sharpening; it enables us to effectively increase the range of our grinding wheels. I believe this class will prove a valuable addition to our skills.

Ken