News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

CW-220 vs LA-220

Started by Sharpco, December 06, 2022, 01:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharpco

Hello.
I found this video. What do you think about it? I guess the CW-220 will work properly when used with the Tormek diamond wheels.

Ken S

Thanks for posting this interesting video, Sharpco.

Many years ago, Tormek briefly introduced their first composite honing wheel. At the time, they also introduced their "Quick Connect" as an optional accessory instead of the standard threaded nut. This quick connect, now standard on the larger Tormeks, made switching between leather and composite honing wheels fast and required no tools. (It is also available as a spare part for the T4.)

I believe that the most versatile choice with honing wheels is both. Switching back and forth is quick and easy. The two honing wheels have different strong areas. Having both increases your sharpening versatility. Having a second Tormek is luxurious. I hope Tormek will add a composite honing wheel for the T4.

Ken