News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Setting the grinding angle with the digital angle cube

Started by Perra, March 20, 2024, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perra

If you want to work with an angle cube to set grinding angles, this little simple tool "zeroing plate" might be helpful.
No mathematical formulas or programs are needed, nor measurement of usb height.

I think this topic has been up in the forum before but I don't think I've seen this method.
As a result of working with the "Black edition" protractor, some ideas emerged that have resulted in, for example, this small tool.
It's almost the same principle as the Knife Angle Setter, three points on the wheel, but instead of a graduated scale I use a Digital Angle Cube.
You cannot view this attachment.
It consists of four parts that are easy to 3-d print if you have access to a 3d printer, of course.
And one of them is of course my favorite The T-Cube.

The simple zeroing plate works well directly with the SE-77 and with the T-cube the knife jigs also work well, such as KJ-45 and KJ-140.
Of course, you have to do the procedure a few times as I described in the pdf file because the zero position moves when you adjust the usb support,
but it goes very quickly and is a very simple procedure. I feel that you quite quickly find a good way to work with setting the right angle.

I've included a description with images, text and links to parts in the attached PDF file for anyone who might want to try making one of their own.
It is free to download and 3d-print and use as you wish.
Use the Zip file further down the thread

Right now this is my favorite method for setting angles quickly when sharpening knives. And I am completely satisfied with the accuracy and think it is good enough for my requirements.
Hope someone finds it interesting and wants to try it. You are welcome to return with comments if you 3d-print your own copy and test it. Or if you have other views or ideas on the topic.

Don't forget to give a "plÄster" to your customers in case they need to feel how sharp the knife became after your work.

hansen

Very interesting approach. Thank you for sharing your method and all the well documented details including the print files. I know how much work it takes getting to that.

tgbto

Perra

All STL-files for 3D-printing

This is how I placed the parts in Cura for best printing results

John_B

Thank you.

I will try printing this at our local libraries marketplace where they have an excellent 3D printer for patrons.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease