News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Where to buy diamond spray

Started by SergeiDubovsky, November 03, 2022, 06:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergeiDubovsky

Hi team!

I am trying to find a good source for the alcohol-based diamond spray for the felt wheel. mr. Vadim was not specific about the reason why "water based diamond spray should not be used on the felt wheel". I can guess, the water does something to felt... But logically it doesn't compute. The amount of water is miniscule. Yes, it will dry out bit slower than alcohol, but it will dry out and it will be the same result in the end.

Anyway. I see a whole bunch of Jende sprays. For $18.50/7ml and I guess it's water-based. Schleifjunkies have 100ml bottles for ~40EUR and 45EUR shipping. Again, it seems to be in water. Some "Gunny Juice" is for $20/10ml bottles. Water based.

I don't have any other ideas. Googling it more.

SergeiDubovsky

Googling it more:

RickKrung

Not sure why Vadim recommended alcohol based, but I recall that he started using diamond pastes.  That is when I started using diamond paste on a rock hard felt wheel and still do.  A bit messier for sure, but seems to work fine, so if you are foiled in your search for the alcohol based, you might try the paste versions. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

SergeiDubovsky

Quote from: SergeiDubovsky on November 03, 2022, 06:25:49 PM
Schleifjunkies have 100ml bottles for ~40EUR and 45EUR shipping. Again, it seems to be in water.
Correction - it's in alcohol. It seems to be the best option for now.