News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tapatalk for this forum?

Started by SergeiDubovsky, November 02, 2022, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergeiDubovsky

A question for admins:

Have you considered adding a support for the Tapatalk? The SMF is supported: https://www.tapatalk.com/download_SimpleMachines
It would be great to have the Tormek forums on the mobile.

Thank you!

Ken S

Sergei,

Please educate me about tapatalk. I access the forum on my ipad. I recall accessing it rarely on my cel phone. (I am one of the few remaining humans still using my cel phone as a telephone.) What would tapaphone provide that our present set up does not for cel phone users?

I am not opposed to the idea, just unknowledgeable.

Ken, Forum Moderator

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on November 03, 2022, 05:22:37 PM
Please educate me about tapatalk.

Tapatalk formats the forum to better fit the screen of mobile device.  Also, makes reading, writing posts, etc. easier.  Actually pretty nice, although you do get the occasional ad.

Probably a question you should forward to whoever runs the website... they would have to implement it.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

SergeiDubovsky

A slight correction - the Tapatalk is creating an additional API endpoint, so it's transparent for the existing users. As for mobile users it provides the followings:

https://www.tapatalk.com/tapatalk_mobile

The platform is quite mature and polished. I used in on a large forum and it worked out great. Bonus point - it brings the forum to global list, so it's easier to find and it will bring more users. The client is ad-supported free with an option of ad-free pro version. Very moderately priced.

cbwx34

Quote from: SergeiDubovsky on November 03, 2022, 07:09:55 PM
A slight correction - the Tapatalk is creating an additional API endpoint, so it's transparent for the existing users.

Yeah, I didn't word it very well.... won't affect regular use.

8)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)