News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T-8 Custom build….

Started by John ~ LolliPop Farm, August 26, 2022, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John ~ LolliPop Farm

Might folks like to vicariously enjoy my T-8 Custom build?

Goods for the T-7 and a new T-8 Custom today ...

V/r
John G.

Ken S

John ~ LolliPop Farm

I seriously wonder why Tormek didn't do this a LONG time ago.

What's next, T-4 Custom?
I'll take two!

V/r
John G.

Ken S

John,

On a limited basis, "Customs" have been available for a long time. In 2011, my first T7 was stolen during a home break in. I needed a replacement T7, but not many of the included accessories. I emailed Jeff Farris, the founder of this forum for advice. Jeff advised me to contact Advanced Machinery and that they would treat me right. (Jeff had sold his business, Sharptoolsusa, to Advanced.) They did treat me right with a fair price. They continued his extensive replacement parts service. As such, they were willing to sell me a stripped down T7. They have sold stripped down T8s for years, long before the Customs. I don't see them listed now; however, they used to sell stripped down T4s, also. If you are interested, email them.

I believe Tormek started the Custom program to accommodate users wanting a second machine.

Ken

John ~ LolliPop Farm

Thanks fo the lead to Advanced-Machinery, their "stripped " T-4 page is https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/create-your-own-t-4-stripped-package
Since getting the T-2 to do the bulk of the farmers market heavy regrind work before taking them over to the EdgePro, I've just been bringing the T-2 and the three diamond wheels, and leaving the T-7 & now T-8 at home... Couple more good weeks and I should be able to afford one ;=)

V/r
John G.

Ken S

John,

A hint from another senior citizen: When you have to carry your Tormek, dismount the grinding wheel. That cuts the weight in half.

Ken