News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

8% price increase Sept 1

Started by Ken S, August 17, 2022, 11:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I received this today as part of an email from a Tormek dealer:

"Tormek has announced that due to increased raw material and shipping costs all Tormek prices must increase by 8% on September 1. For example, the T-8, available at $800 now, will cost $864 on September 1. If you've been looking to buy Tormek products you can beat the price increase when you purchase now."

If you are already planning to purchase a Tormek, jigs, grinding wheels, or accessories, August is better than September.

SEE MY LATER REPLY.

Ken

John ~ LolliPop Farm

So, now would be an outstanding time to invest in a T-8 Custom without any wheels, to mount my DC-200, and DE-200 wheels on... hmm?

V/r
John G.

Ken S

John,

Yes, your DC and DE-200 wheels will work on a T8. However, they will work better on a T4. They are designed for the T4. As diamond wheels are designed to be used with light grinding pressure, I don't see any advantage to the larger motor. (Ignore the old "30 minute" myth.) The DC-200 is a fairly aggressive wheel. You should be able to find the equivalent of a T8 Custom for the T4 at a larger dealer. If you can't find a dealer near you who can do that, Advanced Machinery in Delaware US offers the service.

The T4 offers advantages in weight and bulk (half the weight). If you happen to be older like me, the weight advantage is a serious consideration.

Ken

John ~ LolliPop Farm

I am indeed older, and quite challenged physically, thus the need to hustle at farmers market to make ends meet now that I'm on SSDI.   But comparing my new T2 chassis (same as T4) to my elderly T-7, for the same price I'd rather get a the latest generation T-8.  Perhaps a T-4 to "fill in the gap" down the road.

I'm thinking that a nice progression for Farmers Market plonk where I charge $1 for 1" of blade is to run them through the  T-2 with the DC-200 for the deep work (they _all_ need it) and swap to the DE-200 and then composite hone.

T-7 with the SG-250 (now about 220mm) for everything that's wont fit the T2.

T-8 with the DE-200 and leather strop for those with deeper pockets our better blades.

V/r
John G.

John ~ LolliPop Farm

V/r
John G.

Ken S

An unexpected follow up, probably available through any Tormek dealer:

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Tormek-C101.aspx
AND:

https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/tormek-home

Ken