News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Damaged Honing Wheel

Started by Segovia123, July 12, 2022, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segovia123

Well, I did it.  Put plane blade against the rotation of the wheel and took a chunk out the leather.

I now have a bump on the honing wheel, what would you do replace it or live with it ?

Ken S

Ouch!!!  I suspect you have just learned an expensive lesson, one you hopefully will not repeat. (You are in good company, although I won't mention names.)

I would email support (support@tormek.se). You will probably need a new leather honing wheel. Support is your best hope of finding a possible fix. Good luck.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Segovia123 on July 12, 2022, 02:51:20 PM
Well, I did it.  Put plane blade against the rotation of the wheel and took a chunk out the leather.

I now have a bump on the honing wheel, what would you do replace it or live with it ?

Depending on what "chunk" actually means, you might be able to sand the leather down a bit, and at least reduce it.

Unless it causes a "handling" issue, you can probably live with it.  I've also seen a couple of posts in the FB group where members have replaced the leather themselves.

Be interesting to see what support has to say.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Segovia123

Do you think Tormek support would acknowledge my ticket if I raised one, I have no one else to blame other than myself.   

J

Ken S

I can't speak for support; however, I have always been pleased with the service I have received from frequent emails with them. Please contact support.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Segovia123 on July 13, 2022, 03:26:35 PM

Do you think Tormek support would acknowledge my ticket if I raised one, I have no one else to blame other than myself.   

J

My thought is, it's not really a warranty issue or something like that (if that's what you're thinking)... just to see if they have any ideas about it.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

capt rich

Try a good leather shop. Might be able to resurface with new leather