News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

KJ-45 & gardening tools

Started by RichColvin, June 20, 2022, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichColvin

The new Tormek KJ-45 jig makes for an easy time when resharpening my Japanese weeding sickle. Really nice innovation.
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

cbwx34

Did you print/make the drip tray?
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Clever thinking, Rich. Well done.

Ken

RichColvin

I 3D printed the drip tray using the design from Paul Tsigakis.  I've added it to the jigs which work well:  https://sharpeninghandbook.info/indexJigs.html#DripTray.
Rich Colvin

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

RickKrung

Quote from: RichColvin on June 20, 2022, 04:01:35 PM

The new Tormek KJ-45 jig makes for an easy time when resharpening my Japanese weeding sickle. Really nice innovation.

I have one of those sickles and love it.  It's bevel is one sided.  What does the KJ bring to this that the regular jig doesn't? 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

RichColvin

Quote from: RickKrung on June 21, 2022, 02:33:20 AM
Quote from: RichColvin on June 20, 2022, 04:01:35 PM

I have one of those sickles and love it.  It's bevel is one sided.  What does the KJ bring to this that the regular jig doesn't? 

Rick

Rick,

I like using the bottom stop on the KJ-45 as it allows for the pivot needed for the slight curve in the blade.

Kind regards,
Rich
Rich Colvin