News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

diamond tip dresser

Started by mptvexl, June 15, 2022, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickan

Hi,
A diamond tip last's many stones lifetime if the user is careful. The model shown in the pictures was made before we had the adjustable nut on the support-bar as standard and I can see that it might have worn down faster than the set-up we have today with the TT-50 and US-105 with micro adjuster. It was more difficult to set it at a specific height.

They wear down faster when you remove a thick layer of stone. Then the stone wears down the copper from the side and the diamond will loosen faster. When I use a TT-50 I mostly set it around 1/2 step and rather go faster over the stone several times, and finish with the stone grader on its course side to smooth it out. Then the surface looks like a new stone too.

Luckily, I learn new things about our product too on a regular basis and I was told that diamonds can be up to 5mm in the tip, so more than we have learned in this tread.

Best,
Stig

mptvexl

To be fair to myself I was pretty easy going on the stone but there we are. M