News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Will Tormek make a Foam Insert for the DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpener?

Started by lawton20, May 13, 2022, 06:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawton20

Hello, thanks for letting me into the forum.

I'm new to the Tormek T8, got mine a month or two so ago. I'm not a woodturner or woodworker, but I do a fair amount of metal work.
Coming from $50AUD cheap drill bit sharpeners that are disappointing, but having some good results using dry sharpening stones to revive drill bits, I was convinced solely by the Tormek DBS-22 and wetstone that I needed in on the Tormek sharpening system. Knife sharpening is a bonus and I'm keen to try the SVD-110 Tool rest to sharpen HSS metal lathe tools.

I bought the TS-740 sharpening station thinking for so many drawers it would have inserts for all Tormek accessories, but am a bit disappointed that it doesn't have inserts to keep the DBS-22 drill bit sharpening jig. I guess I should have done more research.

I suppose I could make one, but I've got enough projects on the go already and would just prefer to order an OEM one.
Does anyone know if there are any plans for Tormek to release a foam insert for the DBS-22?

RickKrung

One never knows, I guess.  But, I doubt it, not a large enough market of users who have both 1) the DBS and 2) the workstation. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

tgbto

In which case I cannot encourage you strongly enough to consider the peelable ShadowFoam, which I use anytime I can for that kind of use.

Cheers,

Nick.

BeSharp

lawton20

Quote from: tgbto on May 13, 2022, 03:16:29 PM
In which case I cannot encourage you strongly enough to consider the peelable ShadowFoam, which I use anytime I can for that kind of use.

I did see your post in another thread from 2020 but was hoping for some fresher answers.

Shadow foam looks like great stuff, but shipping to Australia is £138.95 ($245.68AUD), plus the foam itself and GST on arrival, can't justify that. It seems like they don't have Australian distributors and alternatives make no mention of being peel able, which seems to be it's main benefit.

Kind of hoping Tormek are reading the forum...

cbwx34

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)