News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

chisels sharpened more precisely

Started by Ken S, February 07, 2022, 02:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

For several years I have done my forum work using my iPad. It is comfy in my recliner, but not very efficient. I recently reacquired my obsolete iMac when my grandson moved on to a faster gaming machine. The old iMac has  21" screen. I watched the Tormek online class on chisel sharpening. I have seen this numerous times on the iPad; however.watching it on the larger iMac screen was like watching a movie "on the big screen". I think the larger screen makes learning easier.

I am no stranger to sharpening chisels. For many years I sharpened them with oil stones, and then with water stones and sandpaper on glass. I have sharpened them on my Tormek since 2009. I still learn more each time I watch the online class. I would recommend the online class to anyone having difficulty with chisel sharpening.
Here is a link:

https://youtu.be/wMATay8ITE8

Ken

RichColvin

I agree!   These classes really are quite well done. 
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

BeSharp

Quote from: Ken S on February 07, 2022, 02:28:57 AM
The old iMac has  21" screen. I watched the Tormek online class on chisel sharpening. I have seen this numerous times on the iPad; however.watching it on the larger iMac screen was like watching a movie "on the big screen". I think the larger screen makes learning easier.

Ken

I watch YouTube with my 102" home theatre screen - it definitely makes learning easier! Though the sharpening time stays the same...