News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Vadim Kraichuk

Started by Garrett47, January 19, 2022, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastien

On behalf of the whole Tormek team we want to express our deepest sympathy and condolences to Dr. Vadim Kraitchuk's family and friends.

Vadim has through the years been a central part of the Tormek community with his background as a researcher and his feeling for innovation brought a lot of inspiration and knowledge to sharpeners around the globe.

He will be missed both professionally and personally amongst many of us.

Always thoroughly analyzing Tormek solutions but always fair and respectful in his comments and videos. He was liked and respected by Tormek, Tormek users and sharpening enthusiast all over the world. 

The Tormek Team

Vesteroid

Wow I  actually came to this forum because I purchased a FVB and book then received no replies. Weeks later it was refunded saying Bo longer in stock.  I thought there could be extenuating circumstances, now I know.

BeSharp

Quote from: Vesteroid on January 24, 2022, 04:33:44 PM
Wow I  actually came to this forum because I purchased a FVB and book then received no replies. Weeks later it was refunded saying Bo longer in stock.  I thought there could be extenuating circumstances, now I know.

Depending on which country you are in, you might be able to order the book on Amazon.

dewarner

I am incredibly sorry to hear of Vadim's death.  He was an inspiration as well as a wealth of knowledge about sharpening.  He challenged many of the long held beliefs about how to sharpen effectively through actual metallurgical research.  I am so sad that his family has had to deal with his loss.  He will definitely be missed. 

stevebot

I too am saddened by Vadim's death. He took what we all thought we knew and pushed it beyond our wildest dreams. Not only were his edges twice as sharp, but his mind was also as well. And good for seven carcasses, indeed! RIP.  Here is a link to a tribute on another forum. https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=91638&p=1594276
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Ken S

Steve,
A fine, eloquent tribute to our good friend Wootz.
Thank you for posting it.
Ken

rotax

So sorry that Vadim passed away.... Sincere condolences to the family....

TireguyfromMA

We can hope that his family members might take some time to read some of the condolences posted about Vadim and the positive impact he made on so many people around the world.  I know I would find myself watching his videos over and over, sometimes at 2am.  How lucky we all were to have someone with his passion and intelligence for sharpening within our community. 

Josu V

It's been a while since I wrote on the forum.
A serious illness of my wife has separated me from the forum and from many other things.
I just read that Vadim is dead...

I am very sad about it. He was a teacher. He helped me a lot through the forum and in private conversations. He was a point of reference for me.
His last words to me were written in his book when he gave it to me.
I will keep it as a great memory.

My condolences.
Abusus non tollit usum