News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Bevel angle calculations

Started by Scotty, April 08, 2023, 03:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I have been held hostage by using Vadim's angle calculation program.
I had the app on my IPhone but it went swimming.
Knife Grinder website is still up but I believe no longer supported
The app is no longer available and the tech experts could not transfer it to my new phone.
I have read a little about (I believe "TormekCalc"?) and would like to find a new program for precision bevel grinding.
Would appreciate any advice/guidance from the forum.
Thanks
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in this world. Marines don't have that problem."
President Ronald Regan

cbwx34

Quote from: Scotty on April 08, 2023, 03:50:36 PMI have been held hostage by using Vadim's angle calculation program.
I had the app on my IPhone but it went swimming.
Knife Grinder website is still up but I believe no longer supported
The app is no longer available and the tech experts could not transfer it to my new phone.
I have read a little about (I believe "TormekCalc"?) and would like to find a new program for precision bevel grinding.
Would appreciate any advice/guidance from the forum.
Thanks

Give Calcapp a try... Calcapp Calculator

... (or the other link in my signature shows other calculators available.)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

HaioPaio

I use Calcapp and I'm happy with it.

cbwx34

Quote from: HaioPaio on April 08, 2023, 04:07:52 PMI use Calcapp and I'm happy with it.

Thanks.  :)

Quote from: Scotty on April 08, 2023, 03:50:36 PMI have been held hostage by using Vadim's angle calculation program.

BTW, this is one reason why I added the "USB Height Calculator", which provides the USB to Casing and/or USB to FVB results... for those coming from calculators like KnifeGinders that provided this answer.  You can continue to use a process you're familiar with.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

3D Anvil

Perra

The best thing about Calcapp is that it works so well on the phone, it's always close at hand in your pocket. :)

austijp

I totally agree, the Calcapp software is so simple to use.  They recently added the ability to measure to the FVB or the machine housing.  Most of the knives I sharpen have so much angle on the blade already it's hard to use the Tormek gauge, the software was transformational for me. I'm sure many of us have the ability to brush off our Trigonometry skills but I'm looking for simple and it doesn't get much simpler than this.