News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Free Rotating Bases in North America?

Started by BeSharp, December 10, 2021, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSharp

Looks like all Tormek dealers are including a free rotating base with T8 bundles until end of the year.

For those with only one machine, the rotating base is a very useful accessory!

Naf

Yes, you right, but for original bundle only, not custom bundle... for one place I know this specifically, not sure about all.

SparkyLB

Yes.  I just purchased a "Holiday Bundle," which included the rotating base for no extra charge, but it was $20 less before Christmas, so I guess "free" isn't the right word.  I figured if nothing else, it would be less lifting (not having to turn it around 180°) when it comes time to strop. 

Thanks for the heads-up.  That's a ca. $65 base depending upon whom you purchase from. 

Should have mine by the 11th of January, '22.  I'm excited and reading all I can before I receive it. 
My dad always told me, "Just because your head comes to a point, don't think you're sharp!"

Ken S

Sparky,
During your studies, be sure to watch the online classes on the Tormek you tube channel.
Ken

SparkyLB

Thank you, Ken.  I have.  I received my unit a few days early, and have been taking it slowly.  I want to everything right the first time rather than learn from my mistakes.  The handbook, the Tormek DVD, and You Tube and this forum seems to have everything I need. 

I've got a question that I'm going to create a thread for rather than hijack this one.   

Larry. 
My dad always told me, "Just because your head comes to a point, don't think you're sharp!"

Ken S

Larry,

One of my photography teachers had a favorite quote (from a Chinese fortune cookie), "When you are in a hurry, dress slowly". When you are sharpening, concentrate on the tool or knife in your hands. Each tool you sharpen can be a learning experience. Do not move on (within reason) until you have learned the lessons that tool offers.

Ken