News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek history class; mark your calendars

Started by Ken S, December 04, 2021, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

https://youtu.be/wKHyTAx4ExA

This online class should be interesting and a valuable resource.

Ken

Ken S

I sound a link to the Swedish version of this class. Although I understand no Swedish, watching this was informative. At this point, some of this is guesswork until the English version is available on December 9.
Watching videos in languages I do not understand helps keep me empathetic with our members whose native language is not English.

Over the years, we have had many questions about older Tormek models, jigs, and accessories. This video seems to give a comprehensive coverage of all of the Tormek products going back to the earliest models in the 1970s. It simplifies the search for information about the history of Tormek and specific products. It is much easier than finding and purchasing earlier editions of the handbook or sending many emails to support like I have done.

Many of us have considered purchasing an older Tormek, either as a first Tormek or an additional Tormek.
The draw of "many accessories" in a for sale listing may seem appealing at first. The knowledge in this online class should shed light on how jigs and accessories have changed over the years. Over the years, Tormek products have really become "new and improved".

I always try to attend the initial streaming to participate in the q and a. I believe this online class will prove to be one of the most useful.

Ken

BeSharp

That was an entertaining video. I wonder if the gold-plated T-7 makes sharper edges, since the weight of the gold could help dampen the machine vibrations?  ;D