News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Really Terrible Noise

Started by Mat, August 29, 2021, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat

Hello, my new T8 makes a terrible noise every time after about ten minutes of operation. All screws are tight, even with the water tank removed. What could still be the matter?  I am a little at a loss.
Thanks in advance, Mat

https://youtu.be/O-RirmJQIn4

BradGE

Personally I would send that video to Tormek - they will sort you out very quickly I'm sure - either with the cure or a replacement...

Ken S

Welcome tothe forum, Mat.

Email your video to Tormek support. The noise is probably something minor, which support can help you correct.
If it is more major, support can quickly get Tormek's outstanding warranty service moving for you. Here is the link:

support@tormek.se

Ken

jeffs55

The motor is causing something to resonate. Check that everything on the machine is tight. Put your hand on the motor while it runs and/ or see if it is contacting the frame.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

sharp

What I noticed about the noise is that when the WM-200 is mounted slightly wrong on the magnet, i get vibrations. sounds similar to your 'terrible noise'. But i am as fresh as a baby in this Tormek world, so it could be something else...