News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SE-77 Square Edge Jig sticking

Started by Loncraine, August 02, 2021, 08:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loncraine

I am a brand new owner of a new T8 and seem to be having trouble with the SE-77 Square Edge Jig sticking near the end of its travel towards the open end. It moves fine until it is about 10mm from the end with the screw knob. It looks like a problem with the plastic inserts in the jig and their alignment. If I turn the jig round (i know it cant be used this way) it moves fine along the full length of the guide bar. Very strange! Can anyone advise please. By the way the Tormeck kit seems great. Thanks Richard

micha

Richard,welcome to the forum.
That is very strange indeed. Have you you examined the USB itself? The bar could be bent or bulged. On a perfectly round metal bar, the alignment of the plastic inserts should not make a difference.

You might want to contact Tormek support, I'm sure they will take care of that problem. Where are you located?

Mike

Stickan

Hi,
The bushing is probably a little tight. Use the treaded part of the support bar and let the SE-77 tun on the treads a couple of times. That should fix it.

Best,
Stig

capt rich

Try a little silicone on you finger and rub tool rest. Check for burr.