News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

DBS-22 Setting Template

Started by amasva, April 13, 2021, 01:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amasva

I can not find my DBS-22 setting template anywhere and I have not found it as an spare part. Buying a new set is not an option, so the questing is if anyone has the dimensions or even better, a cad file? If so the I could just 3D print a new setting template. Hope that her is someone that can help me  :)

RickKrung

Shoot, my GoTo source for spare parts is Advanced Machinery, but you are correct, it appears the jig is not available as a spare part.  Very disappointing.

I have one and work in  2D CAD all the time for my various projects.  I actually started drawing one up three years ago, but never completed it.  I have a couple of must finish things to complete over the next few days, but I'll put this in the mix and finish it up shortly.  It is a bit of a tricky task, as there are no square angles anywhere. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

RickKrung

Well, as is my affliction, I put else aside and dove into this.  Attached is a DXF file, compressed into a ZIP file (this site does not allow attachments of CAD format files) of my drawing of the Setting Template.  A PDF file version is also attached, for those who do not have CAD.

At first, I was stressing about some of the minor angles, until I looked at the manual on how to use the template. The angles shown are the only ones that matter.  I do not get how the lip angles (7, 9, 11 and 14º) relate to the major angles shown (97, 99, 101 and 104º), but they are in the same progression of intervals, so I guess it works.  Overall dimensions (length/width) are close, but do not really matter. 

Printing on my template does not entirely match what is shown in the manual.  The graphics on page 68 of my English manual are the important details. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Elden

Have you tried contacting Tormek support?
Elden

Ken S

Elden, my thoughts, exactly.
(support@tormek.se)

Ken