News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharpening School Video Has Lower Price

Started by BeSharp, January 29, 2021, 05:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSharp

Steve Bottorff's Sharpening School Video is now only $50 USD. If memory serves me, it was $150. Steve kindly emailed me to tell me. I, of course, immediately ordered a copy.

I imagine Steve is moving closer to full retirement as he no longer sells Tormek or other powered sharpening machines either. He deserves it.

This is a classic. I urge others to get a copy while they still can.

Ken S

Thanks for posting this, BeSharp.

Sharpening School is an essential Must Have for anyone thinking of starting a sharpening business or who is a sharpening enthusiast. Steve not only shares his sharpening techniques, he also shares his experience in setting up and running a sharpening business. He decided to commission this DVD as he retired from actively teaching and working weekly farmers markets.

Steve asked me to review the DVD for the forum several years ago. I have studied it numerous times over the years, learning more from it every time. He graciously invited me to spend a day with him at his home near Cleveland. During our conversation, he basically walked me through his class. His DVD mirrors his class, with the distinct advantage of being able to watch it again to deepen the knowledge. The main things missing in his DVD is the pleasant walk to Joe's Diner and lunch fellowship.

Most of us have a mental list of future desired purchase items for our Tormek sharpening. Put Sharpening School at the top of the list. You can purchase that "must have" extra grinding wheel or jig any time. Sharpening School will soon become a hard to find item like a rare book. Do not miss this opportunity. While you are ordering it, add a copy of Steve's book, Sharpening Made Easy. (sharpeningmadeeasy.com).

Ken

BeSharp

Following up on my opening post, I received the video a couple of days ago. Steve also enclosed, at no extra charge, his book, "Sharpening Made Easy". This makes the current $50 sale price an even better deal!

The video is an hour and 23 minutes. I learned some new things from it. In particular, the section about sharpening garden tools was very enlightening.

One thing that was particularly interesting is Steve's preference to grinding edge trailing on the Tormek. He prefers it because the resultant bigger burr is easier to detect. One could argue a bigger burr would take longer  to remove on the Tormek leather wheel. However, he skips that and deburrs instead on paper wheels (keep in mind this was his setup for farmers' markets for sharpening a knife in a minute).

Once again, highly recommended.