News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Do you use honing oil with diamond wheels?

Started by Louiesdad, December 21, 2020, 08:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louiesdad

Has anyone used premium diamond honing oil with the Tormek diamond wheels?

The company I talked to suggested honing oil over a water-based solution with all wheels, both eliminate the possibility of rust without additives.

Louiesdad

or their std sgt250, sb250, or sg250 wheels?

Ken S

Interesting questions. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much published testing, especially testing from individuals or companies who are not also vendors. My testing of CBN wheels for the forum predated the introduction of Tormek's diamond wheels and ACC. I found the use of Honerite Gold anti rust solution effective and essential. Diamond and CBN technology is still new for the ztormek; we have a lot to learn.

Ken

Louiesdad

Goodson has 40 years of experience on grit wheels, 10 years on CBM, and 20-25 on a diamond.
Those times should give them some level of reference.

Ken S

No question about it;Goodson has extensive experience. My question is how much carryover between surface grinding, with high speed grinding equipment and slow speed Tormek. I do believe we can learn from surface grinding.

Ken