News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Honing wheel on T8 not running true

Started by Martinwilliamson, December 13, 2020, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinwilliamson

Hi - i recently purchased a T8 (in August) and the honing wheel does not run true - i thought it may be me but after buying a composite wheel it has not solved the problem - can anyone help - i have taken the honing wheel off and the whole mechanism seems to wobble - should it be like this?

cbwx34

Quote from: Martinwilliamson on December 13, 2020, 01:29:51 PM
Hi - i recently purchased a T8 (in August) and the honing wheel does not run true - i thought it may be me but after buying a composite wheel it has not solved the problem - can anyone help - i have taken the honing wheel off and the whole mechanism seems to wobble - should it be like this?

This has come up before, and no, it shouldn't be that way.  Contact Tormek Support.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

chefknifeworks

Was there ever a solution from Tormek???
Trying to make the World a sharper place, one blade at a time...

Louiesdad

I had a honing wheel problem and Tormek sent new wheel.

John S

I had same problem. It was not the honing wheel.  It was the drive wheel. I contacted support. Received new drive wheel in a few days.  Problem solved.

See my note about the same thing as you.

https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=4558.0

John