News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Two raves!!!

Started by John S, December 14, 2020, 12:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

I want to mention two great experiences I have had with this Tormek community we are part of.

1- First one is with Tormek themselves.  I bought my T-8 about a year ago and have been happily sharpening since then.  Recently I obtained a CW-220 composite wheel to replace my leather stropping wheel and experiment.

After installing the CW I noticed wobble bad enough that it made the knife rock back and forth while I was trying to evenly strop with it. I reinstalled the leather wheel and it had the same wobble that I never noticed before. Having never used another T-8 I did not know what was normal. The leather was soft enough to make the wobble insignificant.  I was a naïve user. I traced the wobble to the drive wheel (the CW rests against it).

I sent a short video to Tormek customer service showing the issue and my measurement process. Within 24 hours I had their email answer agreeing the drive wheel was defective. They contacted Tormek USA and within a few days I had a new drive wheel at my door.  Problem SOLVED!!.

Outstanding customer service was this.  Assuming we are all human and manufacturing errors happen, it is how the follow-up is handled that shows Tormek's true desire to remain a first rate company.  Guess who will praise Tormek every time opportunity that presents itself?

2- The second rave goes to Woots aka: Knife Grinders. I contacted him ready to purchase some accessories for my T-8. After a description of what I wanted to accomplish he steered me away from that big purchase and suggested more self-education and a better way to proceed with my present Tormek equipment. Instead of the easy path of making a sale for a tidy sum, he made sure I was on the correct path for my stated goals.  This man has earned my respect and any business I can send his way.  And I will still make a wiser purchase as a more educated sharpener.

Two praise worthy events from the Tormek community. Awesome group!!

John

Ken S

Excellent, John. Thanks for sharing!

Ken

BradGE

Lovely to read - thank you for sharing John. 

van

I agree perfectly with your thinking.
The availability of Tormek is as impeccable as that of Vadim and you will surely also find a lot of availability among the various members of the forum.
Kindly yours