News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

I found Jeff Farris

Started by jeffs55, December 06, 2020, 12:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffs55

You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Good find, JeffI Thanks for posting it.

I feel very fortunate to have been an active member for several years when Jeff Farris was the moderator. I have always considered him one of the most knowledgeable Tormek users on the planet. I also miss his sense of humor. Anyone searching our posts may encounter the expression "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?". During the Inquisition, answers deemed heretical to questions like that could bring a painful death. On the forum, it was our inside joke meaning that something was carried past the logical point.

Jeff's understanding of the Tormek is exponentially beyond that of the present moderator. He is also an expert woodturner.

Beyond the video Jeff linked, the woodpeckers you tube channel has several more videos with Jeff Farris. My interest in machinist tools predates my Tormek interest.I have always been a dedicated fan of Starrett Tools, in my opinion, some of the finest in the world. Starrett caters mostly to the machinist trades. Woodpeckers, although a relative newcomer, makes a line of innovative, high quality measuring tools focused on the woodworker. Jeff Farris was well chosen to present them.

Ken