News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Super grind 1200 blue case.

Started by Pkfusion, November 25, 2020, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkfusion

Hi everyone.  I have had this machine from new with only occasional light use. I would like to register it but am not sure of its age and therefore if it has a serial number?
The main wheel is about 194mm diameter so I guess it has some life in it yet!  I have just for the first time (sorry...) lubricated the bearings and checked that the stone comes off the shaft ok.
Other than my question above I would also like to know if I could fit the Japanese water stone to my machine, obviously the 200mm one.  Have the shafts ever changed size?

Thanks for any help.

Pkfusion

Here is a photo of the label if it helps?

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Peter.

Yes, the JS-200 4000 grit Japanese grinding wheel will fit your SuperGrind 1200. Part of Tormek's design philosophy is "No Tormek left behind". The wheels, jigs, accessories, and parts are interchangeable between models.

I believe your best source of information will be Tormek support (support@tormek.se). They can help you registering your machine and answer any questions. One of the benefits of registration is having online access to the latest edition of the handbook. I have found it useful to load it onto my ipad as a reference source.

Keep us posted!

Ken

Pkfusion