News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Online Class Series

Started by Ken S, November 15, 2020, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I started this new topic in the General Tormek category for one reason: I am concerned that many of our members may fall into the short sighted belief that since they only sharpen knives or some other category, spending the time to watch the series of online classes would not be productive. I disagree. A small part of the turning tools class illustrates this for me. Wolfgang is demonstrating honing the inside face of gouges. He made the comment about how important honing the inside surface is because, just like a wood chisel, the inside surface of the gouge is "the future edge".
Much of sharpening applies to many kinds of tools rather than to specific tools.

Related to this, I have benefitted from multiple viewings of these classes; the classes continue sharing information.

Ken