News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Pfeil 25/10 Backbent Gouge Sharpening

Started by donaldeverett, October 27, 2020, 01:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldeverett

I need help on how to sharpen this gouge.  I cannot find any type of setup or jig that will allow me to sharpen the tool.  I have tried multiple projections and setting and none will allow for a 20 degree approach to the wheel.  Can someone send a picture or setup and jig to use?

micha

Donald,
I'd try that with the SVS-38, probably clamping it on the straight part (after the backbent part). With enough distance from the USB, I can't imagine why it shouldn't work.
How did you try and which jigs did you use?
Mike

cbwx34

Quote from: donaldeverett on October 27, 2020, 01:00:13 PM
I need help on how to sharpen this gouge.  I cannot find any type of setup or jig that will allow me to sharpen the tool.  I have tried multiple projections and setting and none will allow for a 20 degree approach to the wheel.  Can someone send a picture or setup and jig to use?

All I found was what's in the manual...

Link to the manual...
https://www.tormek.com/media/448711/hb-10-en-v101-svd-185.pdf
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

donaldeverett

See attached.  How do I get to the 20 angle I need.  I cannot figure out how to manipulate the tool and jig to get to the grind angle.

micha

Donald,

Your approach seems ok. If there is still a usable edge, you could replicate it with the help of a sharpie marker.

Giving exact values for distances is difficult without having the exact geometry of the tool. (But it's not impossible.)

Mike

Edit: sorry for having written some nonsense before, after a closer look I found my mistake...