News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Angle master

Started by wallydouglas, September 11, 2020, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallydouglas

Hi
As a newbie to owning a t8, I have realised that my angle master has been worn down where it rests on the stone when setting my knife angle and was wondering if this will affect setting my angle on my knives and tools
Thanks in advance

Ken S

Wally,

Which part or parts of the Anglemaster is worn? (see attachment)

https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/replacement-parts-for-wm-200-anglemaster

You can purchase replacement parts or contact support(support@tormek.se) I would not be surprised if Tormek gifted you the parts.

Keep us posted.

Ken

John_B

Wally, How did your Anglemaster get worn? You use it on a grinding wheel that is not moving so it should last an extremely long time.
If you get a new part I would guess that it should last the life of the machine.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

Like John, I am curious about how your Anglemaster became so worn. I expect things like grinding wheels and stone graders to wear, however Anglemasters surprise. I have not experienced it myself, however, I have read several posts over the years. You are not alone.

Ken

wallydouglas

Hu guys
3 and 2  too answer your question in attachment were the anglemaster rest on the non moving stone of course

wallydouglas

Quote from: Ken S on September 11, 2020, 03:42:37 PM
Wally,

Which part or parts of the Anglemaster is worn? (see attachment)

https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/replacement-parts-for-wm-200-anglemaster

You can purchase replacement parts or contact support(support@tormek.se) I would not be surprised if Tormek gifted you the parts.

Keep us posted.

Ken

Hi Ken i have sent Tormek a email over my issue
If i knew how to add a photo i would post o pic of it

wallydouglas

Hi guys
So  i contacted tormek and apparently it can happen
Not much joy apart from that

ABall

Quote from: wallydouglas on September 14, 2020, 01:44:46 PM
Hi guys
So  i contacted tormek and apparently it can happen
Not much joy apart from that

Have you looked into software? just under £11 and i haven't used the angle master since. Mind you I also spent £58 on a 300mm Vernier Caliper but Im really happy I did.

Alan

wallydouglas

Hi Alan
Do you mind sending me more information on this
Regards
Wally

blevins

Hi guys, I may use this information as well

wallydouglas

Yeah well maybe Tormek will have to take a look at making it out of something that doesn't grind away

cbwx34

A great alternative to using the AngleMaster can be found here:

https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=4170.0
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

John_B

Quote from: wallydouglas on September 15, 2020, 02:06:18 PM
Yeah well maybe Tormek will have to take a look at making it out of something that doesn't grind away

I am still confused how it can grind away when you simply set it on the non-moving wheel and knife steel.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

jeffs55

Me three, I thought it was placed on immobile objects.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Quote from: john.jcb on September 15, 2020, 02:59:14 PM
Quote from: wallydouglas on September 15, 2020, 02:06:18 PM

I am still confused how it can grind away when you simply set it on the non-moving wheel and knife steel.

Like John, I am confused. The news feed tab on Tormek's website shows when various Tormek products were introduced. The earliest shown was introduced in February of 2002. The WM-200 Anglemaster was already in production at that time. Every Tormek unit sold comes with an Anglemaster. I have to think we would have a lot more posts with this problem if there was a materials or manufacturing defect with the Anglemaster.

Ken