News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Best Price North America

Started by thisguysharpens, August 15, 2020, 04:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisguysharpens

I am ready to buy a Tormek today (or tomorrow if I really have to wait).

Living in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Comparing prices.

Anyone know of some excellent promotions or prices in Canada or the US?

Canada is ideal as I can avoid all duties, but if their is a dealer in the US with the right price, I can drive across the border to grab it.

Ken S

Tormek has a MAP policy with its dealers. (Minimum Advertised Pricing). This prohibits dealers from selling below list price. If you notice, some of the less scrupulous online dealers pretend to sell at a discount, but have exorbitant shipping costs to get the price to the MAP (or higher).

I strongly recommend you choose your dealer carefully. You want a knowledgeable dealer who will provide excellent service in the future. Over the years, you will probably spend more on jigs, accessories and grinding wheels than you spend for your original Tormek. You will want to begin a long term trusting relationship with your Tormek dealer.

As you live in western Canada, I would highly recommend Big Bear Tools. You will find several recommendations for Big Bear in very recent posts on this forum. As I live in the US, I generally deal with several US dealers who have given me excellent service. I did purchase a long out of production jig through Big Bear years ago. Dick Street was very helpful. I would ask for him.

Here is a link to the resellers in BC. I have no personal travel experience in Canada west of Ontario. If fairness to the other resellers in your area, I have no negative comments about any of them:

https://www.tormek.com/canada/en/resellers/

In the US dialect, we would say that you have cash burning a hole in your pocket. If you are ready to purchase, I would not hesitate. Tormek has annual price increases and one is about due. I would hate to see you get caught by a price increase while trying to find a bargain.

Keep us posted.

Ken

RJB2222

Big Bear Tools in Langley. my experience was awesome. I purchased from there after researching for a couple years. Lee Valley also sell Tormek but Big Bear Tools does the warranty work for Tormek. That's the reason I went there.

thisguysharpens

Thanks for all the advice, gentlemen.

I stepped into Ultimate Tools in Burnaby (next to Vancouver) and had a great experience talking all things Tormek with them.

The unit is paid for, and it will be delivered (for free!) in a couple days.

jeffs55

Quote from: Ken S on August 15, 2020, 09:37:06 AM

In the US dialect, we would say that you have cash burning a hole in your pocket. If you are ready to purchase, I would not hesitate. Tormek has annual price increases and one is about due. I would hate to see you get caught by a price increase while trying to find a bargain.

Like Ken said or sort of anyway, when you snooze you lose and don't hesitate and don't be late 'cause it sure won't wait!
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.