News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Introduicing The KenJig Video Calculator...

Started by cbwx34, July 05, 2020, 06:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Quote from: Hannsi1957 on July 19, 2020, 11:39:35 PM
you're right, it's the same in principle but with the laser line i have a great aid on the stone when i want to sharpen strongly curved edges to always keep the same angle by turning only on the line. that makes a big difference. i can hit 2 flies with one flap

I agree!  :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I will concede that the laser is a viable alternative to the kenjig. My opinion is influenced by several years of experience with the kenjig, not having a laser, and sharpening only standard kitchen knives. I use three different knife jigs, depending on the width of the knives, and rarely have to adjust them. I can set the Distance  once for the entire sharpening session. The correct Projection is set by eye, adjusting the amount of the knife is in the clamp. IMHO, the kenjig can be just a little faster than a laser, however, the skill of the sharpener would be the overriding factor.

For the record, I find it essential to use one of the programs for the initial set up for a kenjig.

Ken