News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek wheels bi directional?

Started by Scotty, July 01, 2020, 06:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Was wondering.....can the grindstones be mounted to turn in either direction?
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in this world. Marines don't have that problem."
President Ronald Regan

Ken S

Scotty,

Two constraints; The left hand EZYlock thread would be going in the wrong direction. The grinding wheels are only recessed on one side.
However, with sleeves for the universal support bar on both sides, it is easy to use the Tormek grinding in either direction.

Ken

Scotty

Thanks.
My Sg 200 and Sj200 age "slab sided".
No apparent difference except the label.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in this world. Marines don't have that problem."
President Ronald Regan

Ken S

Scotty,

I double checked and looked at both my SG-200 and SJ-200. Both of my wheels have an indent of about 3/16" on the inner third of the side with the label. I have never seen a Tormek matrix wheel without an indent. I do have a non Tormek 600 gritmatrix wheel which has no indent.

Are you sure that your wheels are Tormek wheels?

Ken

Scotty

Oops, my bad.
Should have checked and verified before I submitted this post.
Thanks
President Ronald Regan