News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T4 speed increase

Started by Scotty, June 27, 2020, 02:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I have seen several posts regarding the addition of bushing to the drive wheel on the T7 and T8.
I have tried some tape on the drive wheel of my T4 but it only a temporary thing as the tape soon disintegrates..
Does anyone have any info on an advanced war we trough for the T4?
Thanks
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in this world. Marines don't have that problem."
President Ronald Regan

cbwx34

Quote from: Scotty on June 27, 2020, 02:07:37 PM
I have seen several posts regarding the addition of bushing to the drive wheel on the T7 and T8.
I have tried some tape on the drive wheel of my T4 but it only a temporary thing as the tape soon disintegrates..
Does anyone have any info on an advanced war we trough for the T4?
Thanks

I wouldn't increase the speed on the T-4... it already runs at a higher rpm (120 vs. 90), but the biggest reason... I found there is very little play in the motor... so it doesn't take much before it runs out of room to move.  I leave a little room on the T-8 for the motor to move.  (Probably clear as mud).  But this may be why the tape isn't lasting... it's putting too much pressure on it.

No advanced water trough for the T-4 that I know of.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Scotty

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in this world. Marines don't have that problem."
President Ronald Regan