News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

A quick & accurate way to adjust the universal support

Started by JR DUBUY, May 09, 2020, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR DUBUY

Hello all

Let me tell you how I adjust the position of the universal support in a quick & accurate way.

I've added a nut on the rear of the threated rod (see 2 attached pictures)

If I push the universal support against the front nut, I obtain the position equivalent to "Hole A" (Tormek TTS-100)
If I pull it stopped against the rear nut, I obtain the "Hole B" position.

No need to insert the TTS-100 Inside the rod of the universal support, no need to lean and look carefully the contacts with the grinding Wheel. And the position is still accurately the same .

(this method is convenient for me as I use a diamond Wheel (allways same diameter) and as I need only 2 positions of the support )

JR

RickKrung

Interesting. Clever.  Great solution for your situation where you only need two positions. Do those nuts not move a bit during use?  If they did, I would add a second nut to each to lock them in position. 

I bought extra micro adjust nuts to put on my USBs for use in keeping my calipers parallel when setting the height.  They are cheap.  That is another good use for extra nuts. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

John_B

Quote from: RickKrung on May 09, 2020, 03:12:02 PM
Interesting. Clever.  Great solution for your situation where you only need two positions. Do those nuts not move a bit during use?  If they did, I would add a second nut to each to lock them in position. 

I bought extra micro adjust nuts to put on my USBs for use in keeping my calipers parallel when setting the height.  They are cheap.  That is another good use for extra nuts. 

Rick

Very good idea's JR and Rick. I think I will order a couple of extras.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

Clever, JR.

"When you only need two positions" can be very versatile. I have used the TTS-100 for setting up chisels and plane blades for almost ten years. I have found that the two positions of the TTS-100 provide all the versatility I need.   

Ken