News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Live Sharpening Class on Wednesday - chisels, plane irons & grinding wheels

Started by CarlKlefbom, April 27, 2020, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlKlefbom

Hello guys,

FYI:
We will go live on Wednesday 3:30 PM, Swedish time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMATay8ITE8

This time we go through chisels, plane blades and our different grinding wheels.

Hope you're joining us!  :)

Ken S

I am looking forward to it!
I hope you will pay special attention to getting square edges with chisels; that seems to be a perennial problem. Also, please cover the usage differences in the various grinding wheels.

Ken

chino

Quote from: Ken S on April 28, 2020, 01:08:01 AM
I am looking forward to it!
I hope you will pay special attention to getting square edges with chisels; that seems to be a perennial problem. Also, please cover the usage differences in the various grinding wheels.

Ken

Yes, please cover this topic if possible. Also, squaring the bevel on the side of the diamond wheel. Thank you.

Tool Junkie

Maybe I put this post in the wrong spot...

Sebastien, I really appreciate the class! I am a new T-8 owner and I've watched both classes live, engaged in asking questions (rod wolfy) and plan on watching the one tomorrow morning (6:30 AM, my time).

It would be nice if you guys could continue to have classes once you're done with the basics on a slightly more indepth basis.

For example, I have the hand tool kit and the knife jigs, but I destroyed my wife's Santoku knife over the last couple of weeks practicing on it. The outside roll (Convex) shape of the blade was made concave thru the belly. When I ground near the hilt, it was rubbing on the handle and when grinding near the tip, the handle was hitting the leather wheel. I have reviewed several explanations on the forum; however, a video showing the method would help significantly.

Thanks again for the videos and I look forward to putting a better finish on my chisels and plane blades (please cover making a slighly cambered edge on a planer blade, as it helps when doing rough hand planing)!

Hogdog6

Looking forward to this one.  I hope you go over getting a slight radius on plane blades. I cannot attend live, or I'd submit the question then.
Thanks for doing these, the Tormek is much more useful therefore the cost of the machine makes more sense when you know how to use it at it's full potential.

John_B

Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease