News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

It has nothing to do with Tormek, but it has to do with humanity

Started by van, March 30, 2020, 03:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van

Since this too is a "COMMUNITY", in this moment of difficulty for all humanity.
I wish everyone a peaceful continuation of life.
By staying at home, we can commit our time to safeguarding our lives and that of others and devoting ourselves to our sharpening passions.
Be calm. everything will be fine! :-*
Kindly yours

Twisted Trees

:) I stay at home anyway, don't like most people  ;) BUT we have the advantage of time, for you sharpeners there should not be a dull edge in your home or workshop, for woodturners like me all those off-cuts you have kept can now be either made into small things, or glued together to make bigger ones! race is on to see who can have a clear workshop floor. Stay safe, stay sharp, stay busy

John_B

Thanks Van. I am staying home except for grocery shopping. My wife works in an essential business so she has to go in every day. She tries to limit contact at work but it is still more risk than staying home. Having these businesses open has avoided a real panic and they all should be commended.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

John, before I retired eleven years ago, as a telephone repairman, I was an essential worker. Back in the landline day, we were the primary method of getting emergency help. The back of our company ID cards was our Civil Defense membership card. We felt a moral responsibility for the well being of our customers, just as our present day essential workers do. I appreciate what they are doing.

Ken

chino

Quote from: john.jcb on March 30, 2020, 04:28:24 PM
Thanks Van. I am staying home except for grocery shopping. My wife works in an essential business so she has to go in every day. She tries to limit contact at work but it is still more risk than staying home. Having these businesses open has avoided a real panic and they all should be commended.

Yes, commended for sure. I hope we all learn from this, too.