News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New to Tormek. Problem with language

Started by paitos, March 10, 2020, 12:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Twisted Trees

Interesting that Spain is missing from Tormek's International pages, do they not sharpen things in Spain?

Josu V

Quote from: Twisted Trees on March 16, 2020, 09:48:27 PM
Interesting the Spain is missing from Tormek's International pages, do they not sharpen things in Spain?

;D ;D  You can be secure that there are sharpen knives in Spain...

I woul like to refer to one kind of knive concretelly:  HAM KNIFE
There are thousands upon thousands of ham knives in Spain. Only these types of knives should make to Tormek think about the possibility of adding the Spanish language to your website.  ;D
By the way. These knives have great difficulty sharpening. They are very flexible and this adds a lot of difficulty in maintaining the consistency of the angle. (Between 12 to 15 dps)
The SVM-140 is the appropriate jig for this kind of knives.

(excuse my joking tone)

Regards

Abusus non tollit usum

RichColvin

Quote from: Josu V on March 17, 2020, 07:31:45 PM
Quote from: Twisted Trees on March 16, 2020, 09:48:27 PM
Interesting the Spain is missing from Tormek's International pages, do they not sharpen things in Spain?

;D ;D  You can be secure that there are sharpen knives in Spain...

I woul like to refer to one kind of knive concretelly:  HAM KNIFE
There are thousands upon thousands of ham knives in Spain. Only these types of knives should make to Tormek think about the possibility of adding the Spanish language to your website.  ;D
By the way. These knives have great difficulty sharpening. They are very flexible and this adds a lot of difficulty in maintaining the consistency of the angle. (Between 12 to 15 dps)
The SVM-140 is the appropriate jig for this kind of knives.

(excuse my joking tone)

Regards

Josu,

I am so looking forward to getting back to Spain in October.  Can't wait to have some more ham!  Last time I had it I was in Granada ... in 2016.

Kind regards,
Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Josu V

I know Granada. It´s a wonderfull place. Awesome scenery, very good people, perfect weather and... very good food (ham too).

My last time in Granada was in 2017 (Hollydays in august). I live in Basqe Country, 1000km north.

I think is possible that Tormek people like ham and do anything about this language theme...  ;)

Regards
Abusus non tollit usum

John_B

I hope to visit my sister and her husband who live in Barcelona. Ham is one of the must haves on my list.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

kwakster

Ham knives and long salmon filleting knives can be sharpened very well on a home made small knife rest, imo noticeably better than with the SVM-140 clamp.

Josu V

Quote from: kwakster on March 19, 2020, 10:28:17 AM
Ham knives and long salmon filleting knives can be sharpened very well on a home made small knife rest, imo noticeably better than with the SVM-140 clamp.

would you upload a photo?

All ideas to improve the work are welcome.
Abusus non tollit usum

kwakster

RichColvin

Documentation on making the platform jig are on the Sharpening Handbook at https://www.sharpeninghandbook.info/indexJigs.html#PlatformHoning

Kind regards,
Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.