News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New to Tormek. Problem with language

Started by paitos, March 10, 2020, 12:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paitos

Hi from Greece
My T4 with TNT-708 and SVM-45 just delivered to me  ;D
I am at work and cant test it yet, but the instruction book was in a language i cant even find out what it is... swiss? German? dont know.

Can i find it in English online? Do i need it or am i covered with video tutorials etc?

Twisted Trees

Is it new or second hand?

If new get back to the dealer and ask for it in your chosen language.

If second hand contact Tormek they list the manuals as spare parts so one should be available.

It is worth having.

paitos

Its new but not from Greece. A friend of mine ordered it for me. I think from Austria but not sure

paitos

Problem solved
As soon as i registered with serial No at tormek, it was there online and in english!

John_B

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. This is a very helpful group
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

paitos

I think i ll have many, as soon as i start using it

Thanks ;)

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Paitos. I agree with Twisted Trees and John. Having the handbook in a usable language for you is essential. And, yes, we are a friendly and helpful group. We have also not forgotten when we were starting to learn to use the Tormek and asked (or are still asking) the same questions.

Ken

paitos

Quote from: Ken S on March 10, 2020, 02:18:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, Paitos. I agree with Twisted Trees and John. Having the handbook in a usable language for you is essential. And, yes, we are a friendly and helpful group. We have also not forgotten when we were starting to learn to use the Tormek and asked (or are still asking) the same questions.

Ken

Thanks for welcome
Your opinion I should order it or email Tormek to change it?

Twisted Trees

An email wouldn't hurt, Tormek support is excellent. Explain that you have it it in Austrian or German and you want it in Greek or English whichever and you may save a few Euro. 

Ken S

Send an email to support explaining how you ended up with the handbook in German and ask if they would send you a Greek or English handbook. (support@tormek.se)

Ken

paitos

They respond the next day after I send it
They said to send it back to them and they will send an English one!

Thanks for the help

Ken S

As our Australian brother members might say, "No worries, mate".

I hope you will use your English version handbook the same way I have used mine. I highlight and underline meaningful sections and make page number notations in the front. Make it your personal ready reference the way it was intended.

This may be the right time to share an idea I have had for some time. The handbook is available in several common languages, however not in all languages. Since business travel is now curtailed in much of the world, I would like to see the various national Tormek importers translate the handbook and various instructions into online PDFs in their local languages. If these documents were also emailed to Tormek in Sweden, the handbook would be more useful to many users who are more comfortable in their native languages. what do you think, Paitos?

Enjoy your new handbook!

Ken

Dutchman

Quote from: Ken S on March 14, 2020, 12:02:34 AM
I would like to see the various national Tormek importers translate the handbook and various instructions into online PDFs in their local languages.
You could start with the American version  8)

Ken S

Josu V

The Spanish website would also be interesting.

At least for 500 million potential users ...

Regards
Abusus non tollit usum