News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Old machine nomenclature

Started by puffin101, February 19, 2020, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puffin101

I have an old Tormek machine that is labeled 2000.  There is no T or S in front of the numbers.  I would like to use the software provided by knife grinders.  They have versions for several models but all have a letter in front of some numbers, not just a plane 2000.  They have one for an Super Grinder 2000.  Is that the  complete name for my machine or is it a different one?  Thanks for any help.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, puffin101.

The T2000 and the SuperGrind 2000 are the same machine. SuperGrind refers to the aluminum oxide grinding wheel which has become standard, the SG-250 (250 mm diameter).

If your SuperGrind does not already have it, you may want to add the horizontal sleeves with the XB-100 adaptor. You may also wish to upgrade to the microadjust universal support bar.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: puffin101 on February 19, 2020, 08:06:55 AM
I have an old Tormek machine that is labeled 2000.  There is no T or S in front of the numbers.  I would like to use the software provided by knife grinders.  They have versions for several models but all have a letter in front of some numbers, not just a plane 2000.  They have one for an Super Grinder 2000.  Is that the  complete name for my machine or is it a different one?  Thanks for any help.

Try the software linked in my signature... it's free and will work with your Tormek.  :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

puffin101

Thank you so much for the information.  My problem is solved.
I truly like the looks of the calculator referenced.
Thanks again

cbwx34

Quote from: puffin101 on February 20, 2020, 05:50:24 AM
Thank you so much for the information.  My problem is solved.
I truly like the looks of the calculator referenced.
Thanks again

Cool.  Hope it works out for you.

BTW, I discovered a bit of an issue with KnifeGrinders FVB software and the SG 2000.  I noticed that the FVB software gave a very different answer vs. the other machines, even though the machines are similar.  It wasn't until I saw a picture the other day that I noticed there are 2 different models under the SG2000 label... one has a square frame on top, the other is tapered.  I don't have the first version to test, but my guess is, that is what the calculator is using?  It could account for the difference.

(Another reason to just measure directly to the wheel... it won't matter the machine type.)  ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

puffin101

I truly appreciate your calculator that measures directly to the wheel.  I how have it on my phone and ipad.  Thanks so much.