News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Calculation of tool rest position for desired angle

Started by Mr.Wizard, February 16, 2020, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Wizard

Ken S

Rich makes a good point. I compare the recent math oriented sharpening programs to the space program. While we may not think we need the technology for lunar or interplanetary travel to drive to work, we have all benefitted in many ways from the advanced technology. I have been an active forum member since before Dutchman started our forum "space program" rolling in 2014. I was able to comprehend enough of Dutchman's math concept to create the kenjig. Since then, this forum has been on the cutting edge with sharpness technology. I hope this will continue and want to encourage it.

I have read several posts and PMs from new or prospective owners who are concerned about finding the best computer program before they ever sharpen a knife. We sharpen on many levels and evolve. We need both a beginning point and goals.

Ken

cbwx34

Nevermind....

::)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Jan

Quote from: Mr.Wizard on February 18, 2020, 04:32:10 PM
Jan, I'd like to see that.

Mr. Wizard, I had in mind the popular Mandelbrot set which is a fractal formed in complex plane. It is an example of mathematical beauty arising from quite simple rules.

Jan

Mr.Wizard