News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T4 honing wheel size

Started by simonh, January 10, 2020, 01:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Contact support if your local dealer has difficulty ordering the 1240 shaft for you. It should not be a problem.

Wise idea to keep thinking about the felt wheels.

Keep us posted.

Ken

Edwe

I did some eyeballing measuring today and it looks like a 10" wheel would fit om a T4 :)

Ken S

Good start. Having the advantage of both size Tormeks, I actually mounted my SG-250 on my T2 (same as T4), with the water trough removed. The ten inch wheel is slightly thicker; the EZYlock nut does not thread completely on the shaft. Not quite, but plenty of threads to hold.

I should add a caveat with my concern about driving a heavy ten inch wheel with the 120 Watt T4 motor.

Ken

Edwe

Yes I have thought about that to Ken, maybe not the best

Ken S

Edwe,

Do not discard the entire concept just because the heaviest wheels might possibly overtax the motor. A lighter weight felt or paper wheel might work well.

Ken

Edwe

Nope, I'm not Ken  ;) Just gave me a second thought

Ken S

Keep the thoughts coming!

One of my more brilliant ideas was placing an oversized support bars through the horizontal sleeves from the opposite side. This let me position tools horizontally, but with the wheel turning into the tool, just like it was a dry grinder. How clever! The only problem was the major flooding this caused......oops!

Actually, when using a CBN wheel dry with the T4, this works well, although I did not originally intend this.

Ken