News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Glenn Lucas’ picture on Instagram

Started by RichColvin, January 08, 2020, 03:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichColvin

Glenn Lucas posted this picture on Instagram.  Really nice!

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Rob

I'm a big fan of Glenn Lucas.  Some years ago I bought his platter DVD and it's really well thought through and presented which makes the task of turning one so much easier.  He's quite the gifted teacher is our Glenn and I've also just bought a pair of calipers he recommends in that DVD called the Martel calipers.  They all ow one to measure the base of a platter or hollow vessel, through the jaws of the chuck with the other leg inside the vessel.  They're a very odd shape to achieve that but really useful for avoiding the dreaded "turning through the bottom of the bowl" problem when hollowing the inside. 

Platters are particularly susceptible to this common problem because they've got to be thin to work....too easy to go through the base.

Happy new Year to all by the way.  Long time no post :-)

All the Best
Rob
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Rob, old friend, I am delighted that you are posting again. You have been missed; I was starting to think you had brexited us.
Welcome back.

your friend, Ken

Rob

If we BREXIT.....I'm coming to the US :-)
Best.    Rob.