News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Using Dutchman Tables with Square-Edge Jig for Plane Irons?

Started by arnman, November 14, 2019, 03:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan

Steve, I am happy to read that your spreadsheet matches the results of TormekCalc. It means that your spreadsheet works correctly and that you use exact formulas. Congratulations!  :)

It was my feeling from the beginning of this thread that you intend to develop your own calculator. It is usually challenging but also rewarding.  ;)

Jan

arnman

I have the Tormek Supergrind.  I would like to try to use the USB elevation/position settings from jvh's TormekCalc spreadsheet.

Can anyone tell me if the geometry of the Supergrind will be compatible with TormekCalc?  I don't know if updated Tormek models shifted the location of the center of wheel, or the location of the USB supports that could affect USB settings.

Thanks.

cbwx34

Quote from: arnman on November 25, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
I have the Tormek Supergrind.  I would like to try to use the USB elevation/position settings from jvh's TormekCalc spreadsheet.

Can anyone tell me if the geometry of the Supergrind will be compatible with TormekCalc?  I don't know if updated Tormek models shifted the location of the center of wheel, or the location of the USB supports that could affect USB settings.

Thanks.

I measured a "Supergrind 2000" a while back... and the horizontal and vertical measuremens from the wheel center to the vertical USB are within .5mm of what he's showing in the TormekCalc measurements... so I'm thinking not much has changed.  (Always double check). :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)