News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Dr. Vadim Kraichuk

Started by Drilon, January 24, 2023, 10:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drilon

It's hard to believe, but it's been a year now since Vadim Kraichuk (wootz) left us. We owe him a lot for his studies and ideas. RIP

Sir Amwell

Yes you're right.
So many things I keep thinking of to ask him!
He left a massive legacy,
Dang!

Ken S

I agree. I held Wootz in high regard. However, I also believe that he was continually looking for better ways to sharpen knives. His untimely death cut short his explorations. I think it is important not to become stuck in the past, even Wootz' past. We need to keep building on his innovations.

Ken

WimSpi

Personally, I learned very much from Vadim. Like a real teacher, like in the old days at our craft school.   
But was also innovative.
Rest in peace.

Ken S

Scotty

I found Dr Kraichuk after a friend gave me an old T4 that started my journey down the knife sharpening rabbit hole.
I corresponded with him many times and appreciated his reluctant patience and wry humor.
I miss him.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in this world. Marines don't have that problem."
President Ronald Regan

TireguyfromMA

We should have a annual toast each year in honor of Vadim.

Perra

He was truly an enthusiast and inspirer that is missing in our world.

3D Anvil

His videos were a big part of the reason I got into the Tormek system.  Sadly, he passed away not long after I purchased my T-8.  I'd have loved to have the opportunity to pick his brain, now that I have hands-on experience.